Apply for the Co-op Local Community Fund
The Co-op Local Community Fund supports projects across the UK that our members care about.
We want to help communities to come together, co-operate and have a positive impact on community wellbeing – physically and virtually.
Use this form to apply to be one our causes. If you’re successful, the funding period will begin on 25 October.
You can save your application at any time.
Applications must be completed by midnight on 28 June 2020.
Who can apply
Your project must either:
- bring the community together to help those in need, providing access to life’s essentials such as community spaces, food and bereavement support
- support the mental and physical health of others through community wellbeing activities
- enable people to develop or share their skills to foster community spirit and build resilient communities for the future
Your project or event must also:
- take place in the UK or Isle of Man
- not have religious or political aims (although you can still apply if you’re a religious organisation)
- meet the Co-op’s values
- take place or will still be running after November 2021
- benefit your local community
What you'll need to apply
To apply you'll need either:
- your organisation’s charity, HMRC or equivalent registration number depending on your organisation type
- a governing document proving it is not run for private profit, for example a legal document like your organisation’s rules
You'll also need:
- your organisation’s bank details – money from the fund cannot be paid into personal accounts
- proof of your organisation’s bank account (a bank statement or paying in slip)
- a description of your project
- 2 contact names, including email addresses
- basic details of your organisation and what it does, including approximate annual income
- a good quality photo showing your organisation in action – no logos
Questions about your organisation and project that you’ll need to answer in the form
- How does your organisation help the community?
- Describe what your project will do for the community
- Give one sentence that explains what your project will do for the community
- Give details about how you’ll spend the money
- How will your project help communities to come together, co-operate and have a positive impact on community wellbeing?
If you're successful
We'll let you know if you're successful by October 2020.
If you are successful, you’ll be part of the Local Community Fund for 12 months from 25 October 2020 to 23 October 2021.
You'll receive your share of the funding in 2 payments – one in April 2021 and one in November 2021.