Apply to be a Co-op local cause
The Co-op Local Community Fund gives money to local causes, helping to bring people together and make a difference. Find out more about how the fund works
To apply to be a Co-op cause you must have a project or event in mind that:
- takes place in the UK or Isle of Man
- doesn't have religious or political aims (although you can still apply if you're a religious organisation)
- meets the Co-op's values
- takes place or will still be running after October 2019
- benefits your local community
We'll give preference to projects run by small, local organisations that make a real difference to people in their community.
You can't apply if your organisation is run for private profit. If you're unsure about your organisation's status check what types of organisations can apply.
We'll let you know if you've been selected in October and you can start promoting your cause to our members from November.
You'll be paid a share of the funding every 6 months, with the first payment at the end of May 2019.
How to apply
Enter your postcode
To apply you'll need:
- your organisation's charity or HMRC registration number, or other proof your organisation isn't run for private profit, this includes the type of organisation you are and things such as your governing document or similar
- a description of your project and how much you want to raise
- 2 contact names, including email addresses
- basic details of your organisation and what it does, including approximate annual income
- your organisation's bank details - money from the fund can't be paid into personal accounts
You can save your application at any time and return to it later. You have until 22 April to complete your application.