Apply for the Co-op Local Community Fund
We want to help communities come together, co-operate and make a difference.
If your project helps people access food, improves mental wellbeing or provides opportunities for young people, apply for funding.
You must apply by midnight on 30 May 2021.
Promote your group on Co-operate
When you apply for the Local Community Fund, you’ll also benefit from help and support on Co-operate. It’s our online community centre that can help you:
- find people who can help grow your group
- tell others about the impact you're having in your community
- connect with other groups and activities to grow your network
You can use Co-operate even if your funding application is not successful.
Who can apply
If you’re a group that needs funding for a particular project, use this form to apply to become a Co-op cause.
We’ll support projects that:
- enable people to access food and co-operate together to feed everyone
- help improve people’s mental wellbeing
- offer young people opportunities to develop new skills and make a difference in their community
Your project must also:
- take place in the UK or Isle of Man
- not have religious or political aims (although you can still apply if you’re a religious group)
- meet the Co-op’s values
- take place or will still be running after November 2022
- benefit your local community
How to apply
Use this form to apply to be one of our causes. You’ll need to do 3 things.
- Create or sign in to your Co-op account for free.
- Promote your group on Co-operate.
- Apply to the Local Community Fund.
You must complete your application by midnight on 30 May 2021.
If you’re successful, the funding period will begin on 24 October 2021.
What you'll need to apply
To apply you'll need either:
- your group’s charity, HMRC or equivalent registration number depending on your type of group
- a constitution document that sets out your group rules and proves that you are not run for private profit
You'll also need:
- your group’s bank details – money from the fund cannot be paid into personal accounts
- proof of your group’s bank account (a bank statement or paying in slip)
- a description of your project
- 2 contact names, including email addresses
- basic details of your group and what it does, including approximate annual income
- a good quality photo showing your group in action – no logos
If you're successful
We'll let you know if you're successful by October 2021.
If you are successful, you’ll be part of the Local Community Fund for 12 months from 24 October 2021 to 22 October 2022.
You'll receive your share of the funding in 2 payments – one in April 2022 and one in November 2022.
How much funding you’ll receive
The more members that select your cause, and buy Co-op branded products and services, the more funding your project will receive.
To help you raise as much as possible during the 12-month funding period, we’ll promote you online and in Co-op stores. You’ll promote your group on Co-operate when you apply for funding too.